Sunday 19 February 2017

Kaizer Chiefs defender Ramahlwe Mphahlele reluctant to take the individual plaudits

      Kaizer Chiefs defender Ramahlwe Mphahlele has played down his Man of the Match accolade following his side's win over Highlands Park at Moses Mabhida stadium yesterday.
Mphahlele, who joined from Mamelodi Sundowns prior to this season, has been among the key players who have stepped up a gear as Chiefs recorded a string of wins that hav them back in the title chase.
The former junior international captain flicked on the ball from the corner kick of Siphiwe Tshabalala which fell kindly to Lorenzo Gordinho to nod home in the 40th minutes for the only goal of the game.
Mphahlele was also involved in the second goal in last week's 2-1 victory over Maritzburg United at Harry Gwala stadium after he broke free on right side and squared for 'Shabba' who tapped home to ensure that for Steve Komphela's side went away with another three points.
The 27-year-old said individual accolades are not something he's obsessed about as the team getting maximum points is his main priority.
READ: We have enough depth to take the league - Molangoane
"For me it is all about the team efforts and I think we played well as a team and the award doesn't mean anything to me and it goes out to my teammates for supporting me throughout the game," he said.
"And for me, I don't [take it as though it was my only efforts] and yes I appreciate getting Man of the Match but it's all about the team.
"As long as the team does well everybody does well, so that is the most important thing for me."
Mphahlele will miss his defensive partner and goal scorer Gordinho when they return to Durban's Moses Mabhida stadium next week against Ajax Cape Town but Erick Mathoho will be back from suspension.

No comments:

Post a Comment